8th Grade Promotion & Activities Participaton Criteria
8th Grade Promotion & End of Year Activities Participation Criteria
- No F’s
- No required GPA, as long as there are no Fs in any class.
- Case by case as needed for disciplinary action.
End of Year Activities (BBQ & Pancake Breakfast)
- No restrictions for pancake breakfast
- BBQ- If the student is not promoting, the student does not attend BBQ.
- (Tentative) 8th grade vs. Staff activity: If the student is not promoting, the student does not participate or attend the activity.
Notifying Parents of Students with D/F
- At the 5 week grading period during the third quarter, identify students with D/F in any class and hold parent meetings about the possibility of not being promoted.
- At the end of April, repeat the process of identifying students with Fs and hold teacher/parent/student meetings. They have 1 month to bring up grades to participate in the promotion.